When your son turns 9 during Coronavirus, you get creative with what will bring him joy. I asked our son what we could do at home to make his 9th birthday special he quickly responded with make Disney Cinnamon Rolls. Is he our son or what?
Over the last few weeks, a lot of butter has been used and we have tried the recipe several times, but we have enjoyed a lot of time together as a family in the kitchen. I think this is a memory our kids will certainly have of this crazy time.
We will celebrate this amazing boy on Sunday, May 10 by making this special recipe. Here it is if you are looking for a special treat for your family. It would also make a great treat for a mother, but I must add your kitchen will be a bit of a mess after this recipe. Keep that in mind if you are trying to show your love to those special Mommas out there.
- 1st set out butter and cream cheese to room temperature (set out for a few hours)
- 2nd in a small bowl mix ½ c water, 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 packets active yeast with a fork
- 3rd in a large bowl mix 1 packet (3.4 oz) of vanilla pudding and 2 c of milk with a whisk. Melt 1 stick of butter and mix with pudding mixture. Then add 2 eggs to the mixture. Next, add the yeast mixture. After mixing the yeast in pour this into a mixer.
- 4th fold in 8 c of flour to the mixer.
- Let the dough rise. Cover with saran wrap. (may take over an hour)
While you are waiting for the dough to rise, you should make the filling.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Stir the above with a fork
Once your dough rises, flour the surface where you are going to roll it out. Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 34”x21”. The dough needs to be a nice even layer (not too thick or too thin). Next, melt 1 stick of butter and paint all over the dough. Now get the cinnamon & brown sugar mixture needs to be sprinkled all over the dough.
Start at one end of the dough and slowly roll into one long jellyroll. Take a sharp serrated knife and cut into 1”-1 ½” pieces. Set the rolls into a buttered pan that you will bake the rolls in. Space the rolls several inches apart because they will expand. Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes.
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
In a medium-sized bowl mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extra, and slowly add in powdered sugar. Fold in milk one tablespoon at a time to make sure frosting is at the desired consistency.
Once your cinnamon rolls have slightly cooled drizzle a layer of frosting on top. Enjoy!
Please email me with any questions or suggestions. My email is email@example.com.
Want to see more Disney recipes? Check out Susan’s bread pudding recipe here.